LOVE WOLVERTON PLANNING APPLICATION
In December 2020 developer TOWN submitted a planning application to Milton Keynes Council for the redevelopment of the Agora centre in Wolverton.
If given planning permission, the Love Wolverton development will include 115 new homes, shops and community space laid out around new and reinstated streets.
The development has the following key features:
- 86 homes for market and affordable private rent, ranging from one-bedroom apartments to four-bedroom terraced houses, are also proposed across five development blocks.
- An over-50s Cohousing scheme with 29 apartments for market sale and social rent and shared facilities, co-designed with Still Green Cohousing.
- Car-free streets and shared courtyard gardens provide a safe environment for children’s play and neighbourly living.
- a new, flexible, high-street community space to be locally owned and managed on behalf of the community;
- a new ‘pocket’ park created around retained plane trees, offering a place of quiet in the bustling town centre;
- a new sustainable mobility hub, with improved bus-stopping facilities, better cycle links towards Wolverton railway station, and on-site bike hire and electric car club facilities available to all local residents, alongside permit-controlled car parking for new residents; and
- a renewable energy ‘microgrid’ to reduce on-site carbon emissions, generate clean energy and provide a return to the community – supporting an overall reduction in operational carbon emissions of 70% compared to the building regulations.
The full planning application can now be viewed on MK Council’s Planning Access System, using Application Reference Number is 20/03293/FUL.
There is a suite of documents all worth looking at, but for those wanting the detail the best thing to look at is the Design & Access Statement.
All the documents included in the planning application are available from the Love Wolverton website
The link to the Planning Access System is https://publicaccess2.milton-keynes.gov.uk/online soon
Comments can be made online if you register for an account with MK Council or by emailing the Planning Officer dealing with the application directly – [email protected]