A public exhibition will be held on the future of the Railway Works site in Wolverton on Thursday 4th December from 12 noon to 9pm at St George’s Church, Wolverton.
St Modwen, who own the 36 acre site which has been in active Railway use for 175 years, have announced further detail of their proposals which include:
- New business premises for Knorr Bremse who will consolidate the railway business on the central area of the site
- A discount foodstore on Stratford Road
- New homes on the West end of the site
- Public open spaces and play areas
- A heritage centre and heritage features across the site
St Modwen intend to submit an outline planning application for their whole site in early 2015.
This application will need to be consistent with local and national planning policy, including the Wolverton Neighbourhood Plan which has been submitted (although not approved) by Milton Keynes Council. The plan includes a policy on the Railway Works site which is based on community consultation carried out during the the last 2 years.
A leaflet explaining more about the plans St Modwen have for the site is being delivered door-to-door this weekend throughout Wolverton and can be viewed here.